Deering Center Neighborhood Association
More information about the Deering Center Neighborhood Association is available at: deeringcenter.me/ or check Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeeringCenterNeighborhoodAssociation/
Bi-Annual Meetings every spring and fall, please check deeringcenter.me for meeting announcements and to request email notifications.
We want to share with folks that we have a new website! deeringcenter.me Check it out and let us know what you think
Greetings! December is a month to come together in Deering Center with a number of wonderful events:
- Sunday December 8th, 3 - 3:30pm at Wilde Memorial Chapel in Evergreen Cemetery: Friends of Evergreen's Remembrance Day, an annual candlelight program of words and music to honor family members and friends who died during the past year. Reading of names of those interred in Evergreen. Audience invited to say the names of their loved ones who have died. Wheelchair accessible. Chapel doors open at 2:40 PM.
- Saturday December 14th, 5 - 5:30pm at Elsmere BBQ Stevens/Brentwood corner lot: Deering Center 2nd Annual Tree Lighting. Hot cocoa, holiday tunes, putting up hand made decorations, kids lottery to light up the tree, and the big count down---Gonna be fun!
- Saturday December 21st, 4 - 6;30pm at Brentwood Community Garden: Deering Center Winter Solstice Gathering. All ages welcome, share the longest night of the year and welcome the return of light. Walk the Solstice Spiral 4 - 6pm (takes about 5 minutes, arrive anytime). Gathering around the fire 5 - 6pm (arrive anytime). Winter Solstice ceremony 6 - 6:30pm (please arrive before or by 6pm). Followed by a potluck at 118 Leland Street. If you'd like to drop off food early, have questions or would like to get involved, email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday December 22nd, 3:30 - 5pm: Deering Center Caroling. Come join for an afternoon of music and merriment! We'll gather at Rwanda Bean at 3:30 and head out into the neighborhood at 4:00 to sing with and for our neighbors---All ages and voices welcome!
Two other important notices:
- The Deering Center Neighborhood Association Annual Meeting has been re-scheduled to Sunday January 26th from 5 - 7pm at Deering Center Community Church. With a possible Patriots playoff game on our prior date, we thought better of it! More information next week, stay tuned...
- City of Portland Winter Storm Information. A great resource for the winter season, please check it out: http://www.portlandmaine.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=4606&fbclid=IwAR3PhcZy8c-oiIgjtG9BbApYGxz0ztQRChmBbp3D-SFia3RKNmTp3gf_T6M
This is a beautiful yet difficult time of the year for many. Hope to see as many of you as possible this December at one or more of the events---and please take a little extra time and effort to look out for and help one another.
Lastly, if you have any questions about any of the above please don't hesitate to email us.
The City of Portland provides space on its website for neighborhood associations to post current events. Neighborhood Associations are created and controlled by their members, not by the City. The City does not verify and is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the information that they post on the City’s website. The City of Portland reserves the right to remove posted information at any time.