Attention District 2-2 Voters
For the July 14th election only. Your polling place has temporarily been relocated from the Portland Expo Building to William Troubh Ice Arena, 225 Park Avenue.
For birth, death, and marriage certificates; voting & elections; dog, hunting, and fishing licenses:
- The City Clerk's office will be conducting all functions from Merrill Box Office Lower Lobby.
- The public must enter from Myrtle Street through the PortTix entrance. No appointments will be taken. Marriages will be performed there as well.
- Staff will be set up to do walk-ins according to safe social distancing guidelines and masks must be worn. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Do not visit City Hall if you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms.
- In-person absentee voting and voter registration is also being conducted from Merrill Box Office Lower Lobby.
- The public can call the Clerk’s Office at 207-874-8610 or email email@example.com for more information or to handle requests via postal mail.
july 14, 2020 election
Notice To City Of Portland Voters:
The State Primary/Special Referendum and Municipal School Budget/Referendum Election will be held on Tuesday, July 14.
- In-person absentee voting and voter registration is now being conducted from Merrill Box Office Lower Lobby. Monday thru Friday 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
At this time, both in-person and absentee voting are available for the July 14 election.
In Portland, in-person voting will take place on July 14 at your regular polling location. These locations will be open from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM.
Voters may cast an absentee ballot instead of voting in person. To minimize interaction with
others during this public health pandemic (COVID-19), some voters may prefer voting by
absentee ballot. Casting an absentee ballot is convenient and secure.
Absentee ballots may be requested in writing, by phone, online, or in person up to and including
the day of the election, without specifying a reason. However, if you are asking to receive your
ballot by mail, please request it early enough to allow for postal mail delivery time – both to
receive it and return it (2-5 days each way).
- You can request an absentee ballot by calling your Municipal Clerk’s office at 207-874-8610.
- You can request an absentee ballot online or by mail from the Secretary of State's website: https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/online-form.pl
- Absentee ballot requests are being accepted right now. Printed ballots will be available by mid-June, and we will issue your ballot as soon as possible after that date.
- Ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk no later than 8:00 PM on Election Day.
For additional information go to:
Visit Elections & Voting for more information.
Polls open at 7:00 AM and close at 8:00 PM on Election Day. All polling places are ADA compliant. You can register to vote at your polling location on Election Day.
The Department of City Clerk has three major functions:
Elections, Vital Records, and Custodian of the City Council Minutes.
The following services are provided:
Filing and Issuance of a Birth, Death, Marriage
Voter Registration and Election Information
Notary and Dedimus Services
The City Clerk's Office does not handle tax payments or auto registration and excise payments. For Tax Payments/Auto Registration, please visit: Treasury Office.
Portland, ME 04101